Monday, April 21, 2008

The Three Daily Dragons

These are my first three entries for DAZ3D's Dragon World - Daily Dragon Contest. Daily winners are chosen randomly and gets a DAZ voucher for the marketplace. A fun way to improve those rendering skills, plus a chance to get that bundle pack in DAZ for free.

This is the remake of my second entry in the daily dragon contest entitled "The Dragon and The Wyvern". In the original entry, the models (water dragon plus the wyvern) were rendered in DAZ|Studio; the backdrop was rendered in Carrara; and they were then put together with GIMP, my new favorite and free image processor aside from the commercial "Adobe Photoshop" and "Paint Shop Pro". This is rendered in Carrara 6 Pro where I added terrain, a realistic sky, and a lens flare.

This is called "Fire and Bone". The fire and bone dragons were posed and textured in D|S. They were then imported to Carrara so I can easily add the terrain, the realistic sky with the sun and moon, and add some fog.

My first entry was a render before I started playing with Carrara. This is called "The Dragon's Lair" A.K.A. "Fun With Millenium Dragon II". It was rendered in D|S and was my first work with the Millenium Dragon. The lair is the Dragon Cave which is a freebie.

No comments: