Monday, April 28, 2008

HDR Re-rendered In High Definition

I've revisited one of my works to apply some of the new techniques I have learned so far in Vue 6 xStream. The image known as Before Pitch Darkening in ArtZone, which is also known as Remember Pitch Black? in Renderosity has been retouched by HDRI lighting. I have also retextured the ground and the terrain to look good on the new sky light. And as a bonus, it is rendered in a high definition (hi-res) image with 90% quality to minimize the gigantic file size. The 4000x3000 pixel image will be uploaded shortly as a WinRAR archive in FileCrunch since blogger and other galleries resize or disallow uploading of images with this resolution. Please click on the image to view the full size (1600x1200 here in blogger) and compare it to my previous posting of the original image (April 2008 Archive) to see and spot the difference. License is unrestricted for commercial and non-commercial use (GPL).

Rendered by JLèé © 2008

No comments: